After a long gap i'm back with a natural craft. Hope you all enjoy this as usual. Corn husks can be used to create a variety of toys like dolls, flowers, animals etc… You can use husks from any corn like sweet corn, popcorn, field corn or Indian maize. Here is one of my corn husk craft. One more craft is going on , i'll post soon.
General instructions before start
1. Green husks should be dried thoroughly before using for this project as fresh husks shrink significantly.
2. Soak cornhusks in warm water for 10 minutes before making crafts or until it become soft and pliable.
3. Iron out, if u want to straighten.
4. If you want to colour your husk, there are two ways to colour.
· Dye the husks
· Use acrylic colours
1. Choose a desired colour powdered dye.
2. Mix powdered dye in warm water.
3. Add a pinch of salt.
4. Soak corn husk into this mixture until your desired colour has been achieved.( it will take 3-5 hours)
5. Otherwise you can bring to boil the mixture at simmer to get immediate colour. But in this method, the rough texture on husk will become soften.
Hand made daisy flower with corn husk:
The texture of corn husk is very suitable to create any flower. i've tried my favourite daisy from corn husk. It is a tedious task to make them as there is a lot of cutting required. But results rich look. It takes up a lot of time but it is worth the effort.
Take a look .......
|Corn husk daisy|